Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Linked In.......To What?


How is LinkedIn supposed to help you get a job?

My friends and I signed up for LinkedIn when we realized that we were entering the professional world, or so we hoped. But after 'friending' all of the people we already knew personally, and the few people we met at our internships that we felt comfortable enough 'join networks' with, we were done.

So I've been asking around. Basically here is what I have surmised. You stalk famous people on LinkedIn. Not famous like the cover of People magazine. More like, the CEO of your dream company. Then, you see if you have any connections, no matter how far they are, and you ask to be introduced. How weird is that?

As far as my experience with LinkedIn goes, I know I am not utilizing it in the right way. I don't think checking the LinkedIn profiles of people I am looking to buy things off craigslist to make sure they are not sketchy classifies as appropriate LinkedIn usage. But I want to use it. I want to be a success story. I can see the headline (of my next blog post) now: Job Seeker Finally Landing Career Through LinkedIn.

If you or someone you know will be in the online area in the next week, and have gotten a job because of your LinkedIn account, we want to hear from you! Please write in!!!

4 comments:

  1. I found several job opportunities through LinkedIn... you just have to use it right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, congratulations!

    So my question is really: How do I use it right?!

    An answer will win you a guest posting spot if you want it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A must seen for every one,Especially for job seekers.LinkedIn is really doing it.While all the Politician are just saying it.Courtesy of Pay Per Click Services

    ReplyDelete