Sunday, January 3, 2010

So, What Have You Got to Show For Yourself Young Lady?


In the last twelve months, I have:
  • Received my Bachelors Degree
  • Learned to make coffee
  • Memorized the the excel spreadsheet shortcut handbook
  • Perfected the art of changing in and out of my interview suit in Banana Republic dressing rooms
  • Completed a senior Capstone Thesis Project
  • Accumulated enough twitter accounts for promotional sites at internships to donate to the people in Oklahoma city who still don't have twitter
  • Had business cards made. 5 free ones. They sit on my dresser.
  • Had my fair share of celebrity encounters
  • Moved to New York City
  • Applied and re-applied to the NBC Page Program
  • Probably got blacklisted from The Daily Show (I have tickets to see Jon Stewart as well as tickets to The Colbert Report this upcoming March, so stay tuned...)
  • Started attending shows at the Upright Citizen's Brigade Theatre
  • Made some sort of impression on the CBS Page Program
  • Realized I know very little about sports...
  • Yet also went to my first Rangers game.
  • Hopefully maintained a positive attitude
  • Devoted more unpaid internship hours than most people do in a lifetime
  • Dealt with absent minded creative supervisors, and overly anal OCD supervisors
  • Sent out a lot of resumes and applications
  • Met a ton of extraordinary people. Nice, extraordinary people.

Bring it on 2010! Hit me with your best shot.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, that list is really impressive! I want to accomplish all of those things, so congrats for doing so in the past 12 months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. good luck with the page programs/application process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, what's happened? It's been over a year since the last update :(

    ReplyDelete