Monday, August 3, 2009

For Those Of You Who Just Joined Us...

As of October 2008, I was catching my first bout of senioritis, eager for the moment of ‘no more papers and no more books’. In an effort to stall the decision for the topic of my senior thesis, I decided to get one leg up on most of my fellow classmates, if not in the academic department, but in the search for a job after graduation. I decided that I would be so ahead of the game, I would be sure to astound everyone as I arrived home for spring break, fully prepared to answer the “so what next” question sure to be hurdled my way like a batting cage on speed. And with this decision, I began. In the course of the past 10 months, I have sent out my resume over 3,000 times, the internships/jobs label in my gmail account has been used for over 728 emails, and I have finally finished the many books of stamps my mother sent with me to camp over 8 years ago.
These are my stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment