Monday, August 10, 2009

Throw 'em A Bone, Sometimes Persistance Pays Off. STORYTIME!

It's a Thursday morning, it's hot, I am babysitting for some neighbors and trying to get out of being 'all-time-pitcher' for a two on two game of front yard baseball. In the back poacket of my jeans, the 30Rock Theme Song begins to play. Bam bam, ba badada bam bam, ba badada dum... "Hello?" I answer. It's a number I don't recognize. "Hi, my name is J_____ R__ from The Late Show with David Letterman."
Sharp intake of breath. Devil stares towards the kids that let them know they better shut up or there will not be any more baseball for the rest of their lives.
She starts: "Now, I don't know how I got your resume..." (I do, I sent it in the mail to The Late Show with David Letterman addressed to To Whom It May Concern) "...but I was wondering if you would be interested in interviewing for our Page position." (Hell, it's not NBC but I'll take what I can get.) "Are you going to be in the New York area on Monday?" Lucky for both of us, I was. We set up an interview for 12 noon.

You see that readers? All of that ridiculous stalking and mailing kind of paid off.
Stay tuned for what happened next.

1 comment:

  1. I can not believe that worked. amazing. ridiculous actually. Btw -- have you seen "You and me and everyone we know"? You could try lighting your hand on fire in front of HBO's corporate offices. It might hurt, or course. : )

    - Jacob

    ReplyDelete