Monday, August 10, 2009

Screwed by an Emoticon


I'll do all of you one better.
I needed to get my resume into the right hands. Literally perhaps, the paper into their hands. Perhaps another something that nobody bothers to do. Another thing that makes me unique and individual (and hire-worthy).
Mail. No, I didn't forget the E. I'm talking mail: like stamps and envelopes post office Snail Mail.
So you can guess what I did. I searched for the mailing address to every network, channel, ad agency, casting agency, production company, and tv station.
I printed out about 100 copies of my resume. I printed my cover letter, filling in the individual companies naming before printing. I folded, I stuffed, I stamped. I felt like people must have 15 years ago, when that was actually how one had to apply for a job. With real paper.
And paper cuts.
The sweat and blood, literally blood, that has gone into my job search...

So far, I have mass emailed, I have emailed address that didn't even necessarily exist, I have applied, and I have faxed. Now I also mailed. I think I have proven my persistence.

No comments:

Post a Comment